Sunday 22 September 2013

Hello Paleo!

In an attempt to combat my various health problems I've decided to go Paleo and keep a track of my progress here.

This is me 14 days in :)


I used Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint as a starting point and am now 20 days in.  I've lost about 4lbs so far but, more than that, am looking better, more well constructed I guess, and people have noticed!

I also have much better energy levels, more satisfying sleep, fewer aches and pains and generally feel far healthier.

I've also had lessened frequency and severity of mood swings and migraines associated with the hormonal imbalance caused by PCOS.

Can't say if it's helped my stomach yet (gastric reflux) as I have been on Omeprazole prescription which is quite effective at preventing attacks.  I have been weaning myself off the tablets as suggested by my doctor so I'll monitor the situation.

I'll add details of my progress and recipes, I've tweaked some Paleo recipes to suit me better as well as tweaking some 'civilian' recipes to be more Paleo.

I'm not super strict.  There's no point being miserable, and I don't think I have too much of a problem with dairy!  Also who can afford grass fed meat and local organic veg very often!?

I also want to try other means of sorting out my acne and plan to try cleansing with oils and steaming, and food supplements such as brewers yeast and cod liver oil.

I'm also currently researching Mastic Gum if my reflux returns!

So that's the size of it, we'll see how it goes.

Holly x



No comments:

Post a Comment